Diana TacheColentina Clinical Hospital, Romania
Title: Biostimulation with High Intensity Laser in musculoskeletal disorders
High Intensity Laser Therapy is relatively recently introduced as a rehabilitation method for musculoskeletal disorders and is still insufficiently studied. Being classified in 4 classes, the laser from Class 4- the High Intensity Laser (HIL) has a multiplied effect by increasing dosage and power and also has a better tissue penetrability.
This lecture will focus on:
1) The main effects of HIL: physiological,anti-inflamatory and clinical effects
2) Which are the indications of HIL in musculoskeletal disorders
3) The advantage of HIL therapy, side effects, contraindications and application methods
4) Personal studies regarding the reducing of the disability in the treatment of lumbar disc hernia with motor deficit by using HIL Therapy
5) A new application in the COVID -19 cases, which needs further study.
Diana-Lidia Tache-Codreanu has completed her PHD at the age of 45 years, in Neurology, by studying the impact of different kind of rehabilitation programs for peripheral nervous system at Carol Davila University in Bucharest, Romania. She has been head of Medical Rehabilitation Department, head of Neurological Rehabilitation Compartment, head of Rehabilitation Research Core in Colentina Clinical Hospital, Bucharest for 13 years. She made studies in the interesting fields of the effects on functional status and nerves regenerations by bio stimulation with high intensity laser for patients with motor deficit from disc hernia causes. She is invited as peer reviewer and editorial board member of journals in USA.